Tuesday 11 May 2010

Sempena hari ibu ...

On the eve of Mother's Day I saw a box of cupcakes on the dining table. Waah... was that for me? (heheh berkata2 dalam hati). Minutes later "Mi... T beli ni mahal Mi...". Ouch ouch ouch!! "ya ke? berapa ringgit?". Yup! I heard it loud and clear how much a box cost but the way T says it, it was kinda lurus bendul. Kesian plak I dengar, hehe but still I want to tease her "jadinya Umi kena bayar bila makan nanti ke?" to which she answered "taklaaa .. T beli untuk Umi sekali, nanti kata makan sensorang tak ingat Umi", hehe .. how thoughtful.

Much later "Mi .. tak nak tengok ke kueh tu? Bukaklah kotak tu". "Malulah Umi nak bukak, lagi pun kotak tu sealed". "Alaa ngadalah Umi nihh, bukak aje" (tu baru dikata I ngada; lain masa dia kata I gedik; boleh ke cakap gitu kat I yang ngandungkan dia tak sampai 9 bulan 10 hari ?

Al-kisah .. there were 6 pieces in a box with several perisa and colorful buttercream toppings. Yang menjadi musykilnya, kan kan kan .. I wasn't given the liberty to choose which one I rili-rili like but instead I was given that particular one, (nevertheless) Alhamdulillah for the rezeki (sambil menadah tangan).

T nih ada satu pe'el yang kadang kala menaikkan ruam di dada dahi I. I just can't stand her blabbering esp when it comes to eating 'immediately' some specific food eg ice-cream, cakes and her other favourite food. Selagi I don't touch on my share, selagi tulah dia blabber "tak makan cepat, lama2 mesti buang". Hoho.. she knows me better than I know myself ka? kakaka...

Having said that, it's not to let known that she's a glutton or setanding dengannya but she simply hates to see good food go to waste. Kalah mak nenek bila potpet2 kat I how she loathes pembaziran. Hehe, I don't deny the fact for I sometimes keep some food for D but it ends up keras kejung dalam fridge. Mana tak meroyan Kak Nam tu, kaan?

Back to the cupcakes, consiously or unconsciously she would remind me over and over again "Mi.. bila nak makan kueh tuuu?". OMG! sabarlah weh .. "kalau T cakap lagi sekali Umi tak nak makan langsong". Haa.. pandai plak dia senyum2 bila I gertak dia satu das cam tu. Kak Nam tu, taulah kita bila nak makan share kita, tul tak?

Soon after dinner I capai that cupcake box. T came closer when she realised that I finally have the mood to layan the cake. My one and only cupcake with a pecan on top was intact whereas the rest was half-eaten. What? Bila pulak dia buat kerja makan senyap2 cam tu? Before I could say anything "Ni Umi punya .. yang lain2 kita share ... yang separuh2 nih Umi punya blablabla". Aduhai, tak tersenyum I dibuatnya.

To cut the long story short, I ate the whole cupcake with a pecan on top and jamah a 1/4 of another cake. That was all I had. Thank you T but all the same, nanti Umi ganti duit beli kek tu k? Kesian plak ...

What else did I get on Mother's Day? Hmmm... I got 'nangka busuk' baek punya!!! Imagine orang seberat I boleh terselepot depan pagar rumah Ndja soon after hujan berhenti?? Semua tu gara2 wearing 'flowerless' selipar. I've been warned by TB not to use that selipar but ...

I ended up having a blue black patch right on my right arm next to the elbow and also bruises on my right leg sekitar tulang kering. Luckily I didn't fell down terhentak but I kinda glided away slowly .. kahkahkah .. imagine the BIG ME berpaut pada pintu gate? Kihkihkih .. nasiblah kalau Ndja punya pintu gate dah lari alignment .. hehehe ..

Sekian terima kasih ..

No comments: